Do you have a plan before you go flower shopping for your pots?
- Know your pots. (Sizes, color and sun/shade)
- Know your desired color scheme
- Grab a cart at the nursery and an empty flat or carton.
- Place your selections on the flat and then step back and look at it.
- Stare at it hard and long and be sure it sits right with you.
- If something seems just not right, take out one plant. Look at color combinations, textures, and heights. Often you have too many small flowered plants with small leaves and that can complicate the arrangement.
A 24” pot with one central planting will need approximately fourteen (14) “4” inch” plants. If you select any gallon plants, they can replace 3-4 smaller ones. I urge you to use 4” plants and not six-packs. (Ask me why!)
Important: When you go shopping and bring your plants home, water them in well and plant as soon as possible – as in the same day. If you have to wait until the next morning, place them in the shade to rest until the morning.